Friday, February 12, 2010

Twirl Skirt


Just in time for Valentine's Day! I've been working on and off on this super cute skirt and just got it finished for my daughter to wear to church this Valentine's Day. The pattern is called The Edith Twirl Skirt, by Jona Giammalva http://www.fabritopia.com/edith-twirl-skirt-pdf-sewing-pattern-instructions.html

I will say this was the first skirt I ever did sew, and boy was it a challange for me, you'll do fine if you can do bias tape and gathering, those were a bit tricky. But all in all I think it turned out great! Plus my good friend Connie came up with this cute tuxedo shirt idea to match, I just grabbed a premade shirt and did the gathering stich again and it was as easy as pie-Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. It turned out way cute! I love the stripe fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks adorable and I love the shirt you did up! You did a great job on the skirt! Yay!

    ReplyDelete