Thursday, February 4, 2010

Fabric flowers







My daughter has outgrown the hair bow stage and now wants just flowers, this is a fun fabric flower I just learned to make. Ok, first make a template and cut out desired fabric, chiffon, lace, netting, all work really well. Since I used Cotton, I put wrong sides together. Fold in half, then half again, and stitch across the point bottom, do this 8x, then using thread string 4 together and put a few stitches in to secure, then do this to the remaining 4 and hot glue them one on top of the other, then finish with a jewel, button or pearls to cover the stitches on top. On the bottom hot glue circle of felt to cover stitches, then hot glue clip on top.

3 comments:

  1. Yeah! I love your crafy blog! I need to post the rosettes too I guess :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Flowers turned out so cute! LOVE the blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. K I'm gonna have to try making these sometime- cute! Love your blog - what a great idea! Now you just need to put an option for ordering- & you can make some $ doing it too! :) Go, Jen!!!

    ReplyDelete