Sunday, March 20, 2011

Bedroom Set Makeover!


BEFORE!!! KNOTTY PINE

PAINTED

GLAZED

FINISHED!

Just decided to paint my 13yr old bedroom set, the first furniture we purchased together. We just weren't into knotty pine anymore. So my sweet brother came over one day with his fancy paint sprayer/compressor and primered the entire set after I had lightly sanded it with 150grit. Once it was dried I used a cheap paint sprayer with Sherwin Williams' Creamy Pro Classic paint, the sprayer worked for the most part, but a bit temperamental. Let it dry and then moved onto the glaze. I just wanted a slight antiqued look so I painted it on in the creases with a cheap $1 brush where the bristles are stiff from Walmart. Then used a wet rag to wipe it off. Once I was done and let it dry for rest of day lightly brushed on polycrylic sealer. Didn't use polyurethane because had heard it turns cream/white paint yellow tint. And then went to Hobby Lobby with their amazing 50% off sale for knobs getting these porcelain ones for $2 a piece. Not bad for a quick fix don't ya think?

2 comments:

  1. Jenny can I just say you are a-may-zing!!! This furniture looks incredible. And you did it all so cheap. Kudos girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have this same bedroom set and I am contemplating painting white....how did the removal of the faux marquis piece on the top of the headboard go? Was there a lot to fill in after?

    ReplyDelete